Hi everyone! My name is Danielle Fili (Philly, like the city!) and I’m just an ordinary 26 year old girl trying to live an extraordinary life! I’m from a small town 20 minutes north of Boston, MA and I went to school at Penn State University where I got my undergrad degree in Veterinary and Biomedical Sciences in 2011. But like so many of us, I decided I did not want to pursue a career with my degree…I fell out of love with being a veterinarian. I told myself I would take a year off and figure out what I wanted to be/do with my life.
I always thought that I would go back to school to get my Masters or Doctorate, but the longer I took time off, the more I realized that wasn’t what I wanted. I was already in ENORMOUS debt from my undergrad years and I couldn’t imagine digging myself even deeper. And even if I had all the money in the world, I didn’t know what kind of career I wanted so going to school without a definite major would be pointless. I was CONFUSED!!!
So while I was working through this weird limbo time of my life, I moved back to State College (home of Penn State) to live with Kevin. I got a job at a bar, made great money, but got little fulfillment from it. Serving is a great job and I’ve learned a lot from it, but I knew I didn’t want that forever.
I got to the point where I was feeling depressed and low every day. I felt like I wasn’t living up to my full potential and the “life plan” I had set for myself wasn’t panning out the way I always imagined. I thought I did everything right….I went to school, got a great degree, but there I was almost 4 years later serving 5 nights a week at a bar just to get by. I felt like a failure and loser. I wanted more out of life but I didn’t know how to get it.
When I was at my absolute lowest something WONDERFUL came into my life and literally saved me! I became an online health and fitness coach to help others improve their quality of life. From that point on my attitude on life changed drastically. I went from being a victim of my circumstances, to the hero of my story.
So much has changed since I took that leap of faith and I wouldn’t have it any other way! I have built a growing business from home (I’m the boss!), I got engaged to my best friend, I’m the healthiest and fittest I’ve ever been, and I actually have a positive outlook on life. That last one is a biggie for me! I realized that my life was 100% my responsibility. No one was coming to save me no matter how hard I wished. If I wanted my life to change, I had to MAKE it change….So that’s what I did!
I sit here today with a smile on my face and hope in my heart that I can help you better your life in some way. Whether you find a recipe that your family loves, feel inspired by my journey, or want me to help you with your health and fitness…I am here for you, whoever you are 🙂
Here are 5 Fun Facts About ME! >>>
1. My fiance Kevin and I have 2 fur babies. Kody (a black lab mix) and Khaleesi (a potty trained kitty! Yes….I said potty trained!).
2. I LOVE minions. I have a lunch box, 2 shirts, a blanket, key chain, piggy bank, socks, umbrella, calendar, sports bra, a pair of goggles, and hand knitted hat….too much?? LOL!
3. I’m a dancing queen! Put on some good tunes and I’ll break out in dance no matter where I am. Some might consider me to be embarrassing but I’m cool with that 😉
4. I’m in the early stages of preparing myself to compete in a bikini competition! I love fitness THAT much! I want to see what my body and mind are capable of accomplishing. Love a new challenge!!!
5. I enjoy doing arts and crafts in my spare time. I’m no artist, but almost everything hanging on the walls of our home is handmade by yours truly! It’s a very therapeutic hobby for me 🙂